The King of Mercia
The King of Mercia is a very popular model in the Mercian range. The frame can be built with either a threaded or A-head fork column and in either touring or racing geometry within the frame cost.
It comes with cast lugs with the heart shaped cut outs as standard which are hand-cut by the framebuilder.
It can be built in the oversize tubing if required at a small extra cost. This model also comes with the engraved Mercian top eyes and Romani fork crown.
Size to order – 52cm to 66cm (centre bottom bracket to top of seat tube)
Finish – Main finish with contrasting head tube and seat tube band, lugs lined, all in colours of your choice with Mercian transfers and crests. Additional bands, colours or barber’s pole no problem, extra as price list.
Our standard geometry has been developed over years of building frames and cycles and we have found it suits most customers, but is a guide only:
- 72 degree head angle – 75 degree seat angle (52cm)
- 72 degree head angle – 74 degree seat angle (53cm to 56cm)
- 73 degree head angle – 73 degree seat angle (57cm to 61cm)
- 73 degree head angle – 72 degree (62cm to 66cm)
- As bespoke builders we can build to your chosen geometry or the geometry you feel comfortable with when you have your bespoke frame fitting appointment, but we are restricted by the availability of the lugs which are cast at certain angles.
- 270mm bottom bracket height
- 48mm fork rake, 54mm on small frames
- 430mm chain stays
- Mercian engraved top-eyes brazed on to top of seat tube.
- Clearance for 700C wheels and mudguards if required.
- Quality cast dropouts
- Down tube lever bosses or ergo / STi cable stops with adjusters to suit your gear preference
- Bottom bracket shell drilled and tapped for bottom bracket guide
- Chain stay stop
- Bottle cage bosses on down tube
- 3 top tube cable guides on top of top tube or 2 x stop guides on top tube (positioned to your preference). Concealed cable guide brazed into the top tube extra as price list.
- Additional braze-ons are extra as price list
- Complete bikes include an additional set of bottle bosses on the seat tube and 4 point rear rack eyes at no extra charge.
- Seat pillar size 27.2mm (not included)
- Available in Reynolds 631, 725, 853 and 853 Pro Team.
King of Mercia Frame and Forks
All prices now include VAT at 20%
Reynolds 631 tubing £990
Reynolds 725 tubing £1110
Reynolds 853 tubing £1230
Reynolds 853 Pro-Team £1280
Add oversize tubing £45
Examples of Optional extras
Vertical rear dropouts £56.00
Rohloff Dropouts £290.00
Enamelled head badge £62.00
Bottle cage bosses £31.00
Concealed brake cable in top tube £76.00
Front changer boss £57.00
Rear rack eyes £62.00
Front rack eyes £62.00
Cantilever brake bosses front and rear £114.00
Centre pull brake bridge £35.00
Barber pole £95.00