A large part of our work in the Mercian workshop is repairing and renovating Mercian and all other makes of cycle frame from the earliest vintage collector’s frames to the newest carbon frames.
Repairs, re-sprays and frame finishing are all completed in house, (with the exception of chroming) using the best quality frame-building parts and highest quality stove enamels.
All prices now include VAT at 20%
*please ensure that there are no batteries in the frame before renovation*
Repair and renovation prices includes:
- Preparation of the frame, existing paint removed sympathetically. (Some alloy, carbon and steel frames with very thin-walled tubing will need the paint removing by hand which has an additional charge, see current price below).
- Frames etch primed and rubbed down by hand with finest grade glass paper to give the best adhesion for the coats of paint.
- Frame inspection once primed for paint.
- Light sanding between coats of enamel to ensure a deep and glossy finish.
- A minimum of two generous coats of clear lacquer to protect the transfers and give a hard wearing durable finish.
- A final inspection before all the threads are cleaned and re-tapped to ready the frame for ease of building.
- If delivery is required – strong, durable packaging makes sure the frame reaches you in showroom condition.