Vincitore & Vincitore Special
As with most Mercian frames – the Vincitore model can be built to suit most disciplines – from track, audax to full-on touring.
In this age of speed of manufacture it is pleasing to find a frame with intricate lug work, cut by hand, as our Vincitore model.
The Vincitore and Vincitore Special, introduced to the Mercian range around 1965, has for many years been the model that lots of riders aspire to own when they are looking to purchase that “special” frame. If you are looking for a frame that is distinctive, beautiful, hand-built (as all our frames) by one craftsman from start to finish, which is perfectly at home on day rides or on touring holidays – this could be the frame for you.
Hours are spent cutting and filing the Vincitore lugs from plain/blanks, the result is a work-of-art, aesthetically pleasing and structurally more rigid owing to the longer lugs. A distinctive frame available only from Mercian.
The Vincitore standard model has the spearpoint head lugs, fork crown and hand-cut seat lug, with a hand-cut bottom bracket but without the long profiled spearpoints of the Vincitore Special.
Finish – Main finish with contrasting head tube and seat tube band, lugs lined, all in colours of your choice with Mercian transfers and crests. Additional bands, colours or barber’s pole no problem, extra as price list.
Enamelled metal headbadges also available (but please be aware that due to the spearpoints on the head tube of the Vincitore model a headbadge won’t fit on smaller frame sizes).
Size to order – 52cm to 66cm (centre bottom bracket to top of seat tube)
Our standard geometry has been developed over years of building frames and cycles and we have found it suits most customers, but is a guide only:
- 72 degree head angle – 75 degree seat angle (52cm)
- 72 degree head angle – 74 degree seat angle (53cm to 56cm)
- 73 degree head angle – 73 degree seat angle (57cm to 61cm)
- 73 degree head angle – 72 degree (62cm to 66cm)
- As bespoke builders we can build to your chosen geometry or the geometry you feel comfortable with when you have your bespoke frame fitting appointment, but we are restricted by the availability of the lugs which are cast at certain angles.
- 270mm bottom bracket height
- 48mm fork rake, 54mm on small frames
- 430mm chain stays
- Mercian engraved top-eyes brazed on to top of seat tube.
- Clearance for 700C wheels and mudguards if required.
- Quality cast dropouts
- Down tube lever bosses or ergo / STi cable stops with adjusters to suit your gear preference
- Bottom bracket shell drilled and tapped for bottom bracket guide
- Chain stay stop
- Bottle cage bosses on down tube
- 3 top tube cable guides on top of top tube or 2 x stop guides on top tube (positioned to your preference). Concealed cable guide brazed into the top tube extra as price list.
- Additional braze-ons are extra as price list
- Complete bikes include an additional set of bottle bosses on the seat tube and 4 point rear rack eyes at no extra charge.
- Seat pillar size 27.2mm (not included)
- Available in Reynolds 631, 725, 853 and 853 Pro Team.
Vincitore and Vincitore Special Frame and Forks
All prices now include VAT at 20%
Reynolds 631 £1320.00
Reynolds 725 £1440.00
Reynolds 853 £1560.00
Reynolds 853 Pro-Team £1375.00
To upgrade to the Vincitore Special please add £285.00 to the above prices.