The Mercian lugless frame is fillet brazed, so the frame can be built into a myriad of designs and geometries – from a sloping top tubed racing frame to a full on mountain frame or a hybrid design. This frame can also be built into a track frame.
The tubes are carefully hand-mitred and filed into shape to fit together perfectly before being joined skillfully with brass fillet brazing. The joints are then smoothed and hand filed and finished to give a sleek appearance. The seatstays are “shot in” to neatly join the seat tube. Built with the collar style seat lug as standard.
The Pro Lugless has the option to be built with a threaded or A-head fork column or supplied with a carbon fork if preferred. Oversize tubing if required at a small extra charge.
Shaped tubes also available with this model, but considered a special order build rather than standard lugless, please contact us with your requirements for details.
Finish – standard finish is one colour of your choice with Mercian transfers to your choice. Additional colours or bands (see price list or contact us with your requirements for details).
Enamelled metal head badges also available.
Available in Reynolds 631, 631 Oversize, 725, 725 oversize, 853, 853 oversize, 853 Pro Team and 853 Pro Team oversize.
Size to order – 48cm to 66cm (centre bottom bracket to top of seat tube)
Our standard geometry has been developed over years of building frames and cycles and we have found it suits most customers, but is a guide only:
- 73 degree head angle – 75 degree seat angle (48cm to 55cm)
- 74 degree head angle – 74 degree (56cm to 64cm)
- As bespoke builders we can build to your chosen geometry or the geometry you feel comfortable with when you have a bespoke frame fitting appointment.
- 270mm bottom bracket height
- 32mm fork rake, 40mm on small frames, with Aero fork crown
- 410mm chain stays
- Fastback “shot in” style seat stays butted onto rear of seat tube.
- Clearance for 700C wheels only
- Quality cast dropouts
- Down tube lever bosses or ergo / STi cable stops with adjusters to suit your gear preference
- Bottom bracket shell drilled and tapped for bottom bracket guide
- Chain stay stop
- Bottle cage bosses on down tube
- 3 top tube cable guides on top of top tube or 2 x stop guides on top tube (positioned to your preference). Concealed cable guide brazed into the top tube extra as price list.
- Additional braze ons are extra as price list
- Complete bikes include an additional set of bottle bosses on the seat tube and 4 point rear rack eye fixing points at no extra charge
- Seat pillar size 27.2mm
Pro Lugless frame and forks
All prices now include VAT at 20%
Reynolds 631 tubing £1084
Reynolds 725 tubing £1200
Reynolds 853 tubing £1320
Reynolds 853 Pro-Team tubing £1375
Add oversize tubing £45