The Audax model is ideal for the sportive rider as it has a frame specification designed to soak up the miles; it’s pedigree is part race and part tour.
Available with either a threaded or A-head fork column, built with quality cast lugs as standard with no cutouts and plain top eyes, mudguard clearance using 23mm tyres and short brakes 39/49mm, or if preferred 47mm/57mm with up to a 32mm tyre.
Enamelled metal head badges also available.
Available in Reynolds 631, 631 Oversize, 725, 725 oversize, 853, 853 oversize, 853 Pro Team and 853 Pro Team oversize.
Audax Special Technical information
Our standard geometry has been developed over years of building frames and cycles and we have found it suits most customers, but it is a guide only.
Finish – standard finish is one colour of your choice with Mercian transfers to your choice. Additional colours or bands (see price list or contact us with your requirements for details).
Size to order 50cm to 66cm (centre bottom bracket to top of seat tube)
As bespoke builders we can build to your chosen geometry or the geometry you feel comfortable with when you have a bespoke fitting appointment with us.
- 72 degree head angle – 75 degree seat angle (50cm to 52cm)
- 72 degree head angle – 74 degree seat angle (53cm to 56cm)
- 73 degree head angle – 73 degree seat angle (57cm to 61cm)
- 73 degree head angle – 72 degree seat angle (62cm to 66cm)
- 270mm bottom bracket height
- 42mm fork rake (50mm on small frames)
- 420mm chainstays
- 15mm diameter seat stays
- Close clearance for 700C wheels and mudguards
- Quality cast dropouts with mudguard eyes
- Down tube lever bosses or ergo / STi cable stops with adjusters to suit your gear preference
- Bottom bracket shell drilled and tapped for bottom bracket guide
- Chain stay stop
- Bottle cage bosses on down tube
- 3 top tube cable guides on top of top tube or 2 x stop guides on top tube (positioned to your preference). Concealed cable guide brazed into the top tube extra as price list.
- Additional braze ons are extra as price list
- Complete bikes include an additional set of bottle bosses on the seat tube and 4 point rear rack eye fixing points at no extra charge
- Seat pillar size 27.2mm
All prices now include VAT at 20%
Reynolds 631 tubing £925
Reynolds 725 tubing £1045
Reynolds 853 tubing £1165
Reynolds 853 Pro-Team tubing £1215.00
Add oversize tubing £45
Reynolds 953 Over size tube set from £2.300.00 plus carbon fork
Examples of Optional Extras
Vertical rear dropouts £56.00
Enamelled head badge £62.00
Rear rack eyes £62.00
Extra set of bottle cage bosses £31.00
Concealed brake cable in top tube £76.00